As promised, here is post number two for the day.
This post is about numbers. Over the past year I’ve seen a lot of traffic come to my blog, starting with only 67 views in July 2010 to over 600 views in May of 2011. I’ve had over 3,000 unique visitors over the past year. I know quite a few of the visits are by spam-bots, but I’m also convinced quite a few of the visits are by students writing papers, the most common searches leading people to my site generally starting with ‘quotes from…’
After the jump you will find a list of the Top 10 visited books. I’ve removed my old ‘Quotes from…’ posts as I didn’t actually review the books and I’ve grouped all the Artemis Fowl books together as they were almost all in the Top 10. I’ve also included the Top 10 most used Tags.
I can’t believe it’s been a year, especially with how quickly I abandoned my blog for my family and friends while living abroad for two years. I guess between my love of reading and my newly found “tech” skills in my position at work I’ve become better at keeping up with my posts.
The final post of the day will be about the changes I’ve already made and those coming to the blog! I know it’s a bit egocentric and self-serving to post this many on one day, but I might as well since I’m sure there will be a streak in the near future where I forget to post or refuse to post.
Top 10 Book Posts
- Book 19: The Berlin Stories – Christopher Isherwood
- Book 2: The Cider House Rules – John Irving
- The Artemis Fowl Series (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
- Book 7: A Million Little Pieces – James Frey
- Book 14: The Kid – Dan Savage
- Book 13: Room – Emma Donoghue
- Book 10: Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
- Book 17: The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- Book 1: White Teeth – Zadie Smith
- Book 6: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest – Stieg Larsson