I’m sad I had to cut out as much as I did (including a great aside about Doctor Who), but I think you’ll enjoy this one. We talk about science fiction and religion, technology and the fear of Artificial intelligence and even delve briefly into religion and philosophy, and what all of these mean for the future of society. (We’re so smart!)
I did use this episode as a weird transition episode. You’ll start to see hints of what I’m working into the next episode from my “podcast class,” but because this was recorded well before I did that class there are no actual transitions, I hadn’t recorded actual transitions yet, just the page turning sounds.
Other books we talked about:
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood (discussed in CRWM #03)
- The Canterbury Tales – Geoffrey Chaucer
- A Brief History of Time – Stephen Hawking
- Salt: A World History – Mark Kurlansky
- Harry Potter – J.K. Rowling
- Endymion (Hyperion Cantos #3) – Dan Simmons
- The Rise of Endymion (Hyperion Cantos #4) – Dan Simmons
- The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien
I was able to do a lot more editing wise so hopefully the sound quality is a bit better than usual! I’m also mulling over a few more changes, like starting with the guest reading as the intro and then going into the discussion, but I’m not sure.
As usual, if you have any thoughts or ideas feel free to comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!