The photo to the right, was an awesome snapshot I took while visiting Bar Harbor, Maine. I think what I was most impressed with is that there are no people other than the driver and it could really be any time period (except for the pram/stroller). It wasn’t my favorite book shop we visited, that was Mystery Cove and I didn’t get the chance to visit the Big Chicken Barn but I will go back up at some point!
Books and Bookish
This month, as I said above, I read five books:
- Chocolat – Joan Harris
- Stone Mattress – Margaret Atwood
- Follow the Rabbit-Proof Fence – Dorris Pilkington
- The Silkworm – Robert Galbraith/J.K. Rowling
- The Girl with No Shadow – Joanne Harris
I also finally found the “bookshelf outlet” near me. So I can’t wait to go check it out at some point in the near future.
And bought/obtained eight books
- Time and Tide in Acadia – Christopher Camutu
- The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles #1) – Cinda Williams China
- The Wizard Heir (The Heir Chronicles #2) – Cinda Williams China
- A Wizard of Earthsea – Ursula K. Le Guin
- First Impressions – Charlie Lovett
- Gender Neutral Parenting – Paige Lucas-Stannard
- The Way of Kings – Brandon Sanderson
I was most excited about the copy of Wuthering Heights I found! It’s one of the classic Penguin covers and it’s British! I’m also really excited about the Le Guin novel I got. I’ve never read her, but she’s been on my list for so long!
I’m still excited from my trip to Acadia and I’m going down to see my friend Alie (for a wedding with Tex) later this month. I’m still making very slow progress on Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal and I’ve already made plans to kick off my re-read of the Lord of the Rings this month. I should get to cross off a few more from my list this month, but I’m already exhausted and know the end of the year is so much busier than the beginning of the year.
Hope you have a great October!