I have finally got my act together and sorted out my 2013 Challenges! I managed to keep the same three challenges (Mount TBR Reading Challenge, Tea & Books Reading Challenge and Back to the Classics Challenge) while only officially signing up for 14 books! And as an added bonus 12 of the 14 books will qualify for The Classics Club!
First, I hope the challenge hosts don’t think I’m coping out! I really wanted to participate in all of the challenges again for the lovely people I’ve met, but didn’t want to over extend myself this year and thus this magnificent feat. I will definitely be upgrading for the Mount TBR challenge as I’m planning on spending the majority of this year reading books I already own, but I’m only committing to the lowest level for now. I plan
Second, I hope all you readers appreciate just how much this took! I seriously negotiated with myself, most often out loud, for over a week about what books I should and shouldn’t include! It’s quite funny when you think about it. I would add a book to the list and then immediately remove it because I knew I could find a book to meet another challenge requirement!
A few unique things about the lists:
- I am participating at the following levels:
- Back to the Classics: 11 books Full – All 6 required and 5 optional.
- Mount TBR: 12 books – Pike’s Peak (will probably end up near Mt. Ararat)*
- Tea & Books: 4 books – Berry Tea Devotee
- Every book qualifies for more than one challenge.
- Two books are re-reads: To Kill A Mockingbird and Wuthering Heights
- One book qualifies for all three challenges: Les Misérables
- There are seven each of physical and Kindle books (Check out that symmetry!)
*I most certainly will be upgrading on the Mount TBR challenge. MY MAJOR GOAL FOR THE YEAR IS TO READ PRIMARILY BOOKS I ALREADY HAVE. On December 31st I plan on taking a snap shot of my ‘bookshelf’ list on here and using that as my official 2013 Library.