These are some of the awesome interactions I have had via social media since I started The Oddness of Moving Things. I’m sure there are some missing and I hope there are many more to add in the future! And yes, I am WELL aware that I’ve used the wrong version of the Sally Fields quote, but let’s face it, this version has it’s own cultural significance at this point.
- October 20 – Michael War retweeted and favorited my review of Outdated and later said my review made his day (after I thanked him for the RT of course :-D). In December he liked my review on Goodreads.
- October 07 – Sarah Schulman and Duke University retweeted my “On the blog” post of her work IsraelPalestine and the Queer International.
- August 08 – Julián Sánchez (I can only assume), author of The Antiquarian and The Art Restorer thanked me for my review.
- July 11 – Megan Shepherd, author of The Madman’s Daughter Trilogy, most recently Her Dark Curiosity, favorited my review on Twitter.
- May 19 – Anne Tenino, author of the Theta Alpha Gamma series, and most recently Poster Boy, favorited my review on Twitter.
- May 17 – Kay Redfield Jamison, author of An Unquiet Mind, shared my review with her Facebook followers with almost 400 likes, over 120 shares and 40 comments.
- April 28 – Andrew Grey, author of the Senses trilogy, Love Comes Silently, Love Comes in Darkness and Love Comes Home, retweeted, favorited AND thanked me for my review of Love Comes Home.
- April 03 – Bruce Holsinger, author of A Burnable Book, tweeted a thank you for my thoughtful review after the AMAZING Heather retweeted my review, like she always does because she’s wonderful :)
- August 09 – T. B. Markinson, a good book blogging friend, mentioned my review twice, and another blogger linked to it when TBM did an author interview about her debut novel A Woman Lost.
- August 05 – Andrew Smith, author of Winger, thanked me for my review and retweeted it after Adam at Roofbeam Reader sent it to him via twitter.
- July 23 – Jane Odiwe, author of Willoughby’s Return thanked me for my review on my blog. (Fourth comment set down.)
- February 28 – Cécile David-Weill, author of The Suitors reblogged my review on her personal blog/website after emailing to say thanks for the review.
- February 13 – Alex Beecroft, author of Blessed Isle, uses excerpts from my review on her personal website.
- February 02 – The wicked cute Chris Stedman, author of Faitheist, responds to my (and Heather’s) twitter conversation and retweets my review. (Just goes to show you never know whose watching on social media :-D)
- November 13 – Susan Jane Bigelow, author of Ramona’s Demon a short story in The Collection mentions my review on her website.
- November 01 – Kathleen Winter author of Annabel retweets my response and says she loved my nuanced reading of the book.
- October 24 – Michael Scott author of The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel tweets me in response to my review of the final book in the series, The Enchantress.